Why does the dog refuse to do it?
If the dog doesn’t want to execute commands during the occupations, you shouldn’t despair. Many factors can influence the willingness of the dog to be actively involved.
- The command is given too sharp, unfamiliar voice.
- The dog isn’t feeling well: She’s tired, hungry or hurt.
- The dog doesn’t understand what do you want. Perhaps, the necessary action wasn’t fixed yet, or the command is given not accurately.
- The task is too complex. Any skill evolves gradually, starting with the simplest steps, and if you skip these steps, the dog just doesn’t understand what to do.
- You need to perform one exercise many times in. The dog can be tired mentally or physically.
- The reward doesn’t match the dog’s task or preferences.
And the most important thing is for the dog to be interested in performing the commands. In such case, the training takes place faster and more efficiently.
16.11.2017 1344 views